To all Partners, Advisors, Schools, Teachers, Parents, Family, Friends and Others with an interest in the Farm to School Healthy Choice Fundraiser,
My name is Lindsey Mazur, Executive Coordinator of the Farm to School Manitoba Healthy Choice Fundraiser (FSMHCF). For those of you who have not heard of the FSMHCF, it is an exciting, new fundraising program available to all schools in Manitoba, K-12, using Manitoba grown Vegetables. It will held from September to December 14, 2011. It is a partnership between the Manitoba Association of Home Economists, Peak of the Market and the Government of Manitoba.
With FSMHCF schools will have a fundraiser with great profits and the opportunity to:
- get fresh, local vegetables at or below supermarket prices
- offer healthy food choices & support school nutrition policies
- support local producers
- connect the fundraiser to classroom resources available at www.farmtoschoolmanitoba.ca
- try new recipes with Manitoba vegetables available at www.peakmarket.com/recipes
I invite you to read the attached document where you will find out more about the FSMHCFand an easy step-by-step guide of how to run the fundraiser. Please also visit the website at www.farmtoschoolmanitoba.ca. (For enrolling visit www.farmtoschoolmanitoba.ca/enroll.)
Finally, please feel free to forward this email far and wide to parents, teachers and schools or any others who may be interested in promoting this great opportunity. If you have any questions or comments, please email me at email@example.com or call me at
(204) 885-0718 or toll free at 1-866-261-0707.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Lindsey Mazur, PHEc, RD