Honorable Mention. Star Wars BattlefrontIf your a Star Wars house like mine is, any Star Wars game is a favourite. But there is something about the detail and the maps in this game that "feels" real. There is a split screen option where you can battle against each other or you can fight the Empire together in a survival mode.
5. MinecraftMinecraft is a bottomless pit, even in the split screen option. There are new skins and mods being released all the time. This allows for complete creativity in building your own world together, or even just exploring the world together.
4. Lego Marvel Super HeroesAn open Marvel world to explore as little lego figurines. Complete the main conquest together or do side missions, or just spend your time exploring, it's up to you and your family.
3. Disney Infinity 3.0This is Disney's version of Minecraft, with figurines. While 2.0 is an excellent option in place of 3.0, 3.0 is better for two reasons: Star Wars (of course), and better toy box and mission play. What they were trying to do in 2.0 is done better in 3.0. Not to mention figurines from 1.0 and 2.0 work in 3.0. If I may issue a warning, that's where this game gets very costly. Each new character runs from $10-17.
2. Just DanceI think this one is self explanatory, just dance with your family. Record what you do, add silly faces, and so on. Again, 2016 is shared here, 2015 or earlier do the exact same, just different songs.
1. Kinect Sports RivalsThere is just something about using your whole body with the kinect to control the player on the screen. You can create your family using the scan feature and then play games together, or you can use the preset characters. Bowling and rock climbing are popular in our house.