Here we are decades later, using video games to simulate warfare from decades ago as a form of entertainment. I would love to know what the veterans of war think of that. To add to that, I would like to know the opinion and perspective of the soldiers from Afghanistan and Iraq as well.
My hypothesis is as follows.
- I think some veterans grimace at the thought of these video games.
- I think some veterans would be so heart broken to see their worst nightmares become so entertaining to those they sacrificed so much for.
- I do believe a minority of veterans wouldn't be offended at all.
- Of those currently serving, due to generational differences, I think some would get caught up in playing these video games as an escape reality from their daily lives of normalcy.
- I think some currently serving would also have no change in use of, or opinion of such video games.
- Finally, I do think some currently serving soldiers would halt playing such games when they got home.
These are my hypotheses. I would love to test my thinking. There may be other outcomes and reactions that I am not even thinking of. This may just become a thesis as I pursue a masters.