From Psychology Today, they listed 10 ways to spot a good psychotherapist regardless of therapeutic approach.
Here is a snap shot of the ten items.
- Good therapy is not friendship
- Good therapy is evidence based
- Good therapy affirms the clients basic human dignity and worth
- Good therapy encourages and models accurate, honest, and timely feedback in communication
- Good therapy = good therapeutic alliance
- Good therapy encourages the clients idependence and competence
- Good therapy considers the clients history and biography
- Good therapy takes into account the clients subjective experience and inner world
- Good therapy happens when the client does the work
- Good therapy offers support, requires learning, and facilitates action
Please go here for the full article.