- Knowledge does not equal Understanding. Makes you wonder why we say "I know" to someone that is feeling a particular way.
- Brain pathways, they get set early, and are more difficult to change later on. Think of a highway, and a beaten path - it is much easier to travel on the highway.
- You can teach an old dog new tricks, as they say, but it may take time.
- Body memory, those paths that we don't use in our brain, call be recalled.
- Thought rigidity, sometimes one thought we cannot change, no matter how hard we try. For example, first impressions are difficult to change.
- When trying something new, if we get distracted, our brain reverts back to the familiar pathway. It is that difficult to change thoughts.
- And many many more take away's that stand out to you.
05 October 2015
The Plasticity of the Brain, and re-training how to ride a bike
There are several things to take away from this video, but watch first: