I have to admit that I am new to this whole mindfulness movement. But once I read Calming Your Anxious Mind
, a self-help book that teaches mindfulness theory and techniques, I was sold. Huffington Post recently published an article listing 20 benefits of mindfulness practice
, I wish to list a few here.
- lowers your perceived stress levels
- may increase your marks at school
- helps us to get to know ourselves
- makes moments, such as listening to music, better
- is a protective factor during cold season
- lowers depression risk
- improves sleep
- overall, makes you a better person.